Thursday, July 18, 2013

I am currently taking an iPad class through a group called Edupsire (available in PA).  There was an article that we needed to respond to that I thought was a GREAT resource about the use of iPads in class.


The article brings up the key idea that as a new technology coach I want to try and get across to the teachers that I am helping (as well as administration).  Technology is a tool much like a textbook, a powerpoint, or flashcards.  We think that it is something big and scarey, but that is because we make it more than it is.  If we think of it as something small that can be used to support and build, it helps to make the integration of it seem less daunting.

2 comments:

  1. This is why I like to think about integrating individual apps or services, rather than devices. The device is a blank slate, it's what you do with it that affects your class, so we might as well conceptualize it that way. Great observation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always felt like technology is a tool to utilize in the classroom. You can still be a really bad teacher with the most up-to-date technology if you don't use it correctly!

    ReplyDelete